I HATE DREAMING THAT I AM DREAMING

     Every time I slipped off to sleep I would find myself getting choked by a baby. This happened repeatedly until I figured I was in a stupid (read wierd) dream. How can a baby be strong enough to choke me? I figured it was best to avoid drifting off to sleep for while because the next time that baby chokes me I might not wake up in time.
     I lay there waiting to see if this killer baby would let me sleep. Thinking happy thoughts. I cannot remember those happy thoughts. Probably thoughts of me choking my aunt. After what seemed like forever I decided to give sleep another go. Immediately I closed my eyes, there was the baby. Floating over me, ready. What the hell? I was not even asleep yet. Had I brought this baby out of dreamland into real life? I opened my eyes again to try and figure out what was happening. The only logical solution was that I was still dreaming. Damn. I hate when this happens. I was trapped in a dream with a strangler crawler.
    Now was the hard part. Trying to prove that I am not awake. I had a bottle of water next to me last time I slept for real so I reached down and grabbed it. I opened it and poured its contents all over me. I felt nothing. I then knelt on my bed and let myself fall face first onto the concrete floor. Still nothing. No pain. It was clear that I was still dreaming. So I tried waking myself up. Never really knew how. I have dreamt that I am dreaming many times but never really known how to wake myself from the first dream. I tried making sudden movements. Nothing. Tried screaming! No sound. I was starting to get nervous and frustrated. This now brought that freaking baby back on my neck without me closing my eyes. What happened after was a little bit blurry but the next thing I remember was waking up breathing heavily!
     I reached down for the bottle of water. The cold bottle sent a chill all over my hand. Clearly I was awake for real. I figured there was no need to drench myself. I lay there grinning like a motherfucker, happy that I had survived.
     Am I that afraid of babies? Or what the fuck was that dream about?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHAT DO YOU SAY ABOUT WHAT YOU HEAR?

HOW DO YOU LIKE THEM APPLES?

JUST REMEMBERED