ALL I DO IS WIN

     Put your hands in the air … and let them stay there... as I pick your pockets. I am broke. I know, I know. That is not news. News would be the fact that we have closed school and I am still in school. We closed like 10 days ago but I never went home. See, our department thought it best for us to stay in school for the two-week break in order for us to analyse the samples we collected when we went for that December field work. Remember that? The one we were stuck in the wilderness for 14 (pronounced 40) days eating only grass and and grated stones!

    I was the first one to scream yes to the idea of not going home for the holidays. To me, what I felt the department was asking was,

‘ Do you want to spend the next two weeks waking up early daily and having stressful practical lessons and eating the same crappy school food and getting broke while the other students are on holiday... or would you rather spend it with your aunt?’

     I chose the logical decision.

     I got a room from a friend from another department who went for his break so I am kind of enjoying the whole boarding experience. Been long. So long that I had not even realised the challenges people face when living in hostels alone. Bloody hell food is expensive these days! Whaaaaaaat! I do not why I did not know this before (I actually do, but will not get into the details right now). At the price that you pay for a simple plate of rice, you would expect it to come with a free internet connection. Eating has stopped being a necessity and is now a luxury. Hell, yesterday I ate two bananas in the morning and I considered that heavy breakfast.

     Kenya is located at the equator, my geography teacher told me that is the perfect climatic condition to grow fucking anything. We have the soils and whatnot. Yet we import simple things like rice. Which end up costing a lot of money, and then some. I even think we get some rice from Pakistan. Isn't that country always at war? When do they find time to grow so much rice? They have conflicts but they somehow mange to balance it with feeding their people and us. Kenya here, the most excitement we get is when a member of parliament suggests that we stop taking alcohol during the day. The instability that news causes is enough to raise the price of oil. Si we are a fucked up country.

     Ahem, sorry for the political detour. I just wonder sometimes. Anyway, living in the hostel has had some positive outcome for me. Since I could not afford to boost my BMI (I am over six foot tall but weigh under 60 kilos), I decided to venture into boosting my drawing skills, as per my New Year Resolution #12313. I drew a car. It may sound simple to y'all artists and critics and haters but it is a huge deal to me. I have never been able to draw a car correctly. So my next challenge will be a face. That is also something I am hoping to get. Drawing a face that can be correctly named.

    That is all I can think to say at the moment, I need to go look for water to shower and maybe on the way I can salvage some breakfast cum lunch. And if any of you out there would like me to have some supper please help me get a buyer for my left lung.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHAT DO YOU SAY ABOUT WHAT YOU HEAR?

HOW DO YOU LIKE THEM APPLES?

JUST REMEMBERED