LOW SCHOOL

     I did my laundry on Saturday and Sunday. The chore left me very weekend(!). I have no closet so I just dump my clothes on a suitcase that is on the floor. I do not do anything fancy like folding or colour coordinating them. I just pile them up in a heap. That proved to be a problem today because now I cannot tell between my clean clothes and my dirty ones. Which could mean two things. (1) I did not wash my clothes that well or (2) My dirty clothes are not that dirty anyway. I decided it was the latter.
DSC00162
I have all my 'panties' up in a bunch  
  My sister is on holiday. Done with high school. And this time we pray for higher grades. We had her go to a school that had performed well in the previous years and so we think she will do well. At least that is what I hoped, until she told me something interesting today.
     I have been to that school of hers. On days that I have remembered that it's her Visiting Day. It is hideous! the walls are peeling off, desks are just firewood that has been joined together by mud, the administration block looks like a city council cell , the sanitation is shitty and so and so. What I am trying to say is it looks kind of like my high school. That is why I did not get why her school fees cost four times as  much as mine did. Her school fees for one term is mine for a whole year in university. Plus my hostel fees and shopping. Expensive. But it had performed very well and so my parents decided that it was worth it. It was worth it to pay like you are buying a Toyota Vitz every year just so she could eat fried soil for lunch.
My sister's dormitory. Even Peter Marangi cant fix this mess

     Today as my sister was going on about stories that I barely listen to, she sort of let out how her school manages to perform so well. Unlike our school which went to all levels to get to know the questions to be asked and then leak this info to everyone, her school opted for a simpler solution.
       See, first they are divided according to merit into 3 streams. And then the director registers each stream as a school by itself.
       Allow me to illustrate. Let's hypothetically guess an imaginary and random school called Kikuyu High with 214 students and it's director called Mr. Masai. What Masai does is make sure that the top 23 students are in the first stream which will then be registered as Kikuyu High and which will, obviously, pass with flying gay rainbow colours. Their high mean score will guarantee their appearance in the newspaper. Then the second stream will be registered as Kikuyu Center for Learning and this will harbor the average students and is expected to perform averagely. And then the last stream is registered as Kikuyu Institute which they may as well as call Kikuyu Low because this lot is full of my sister and her friends whose performance is nothing short of... well, how do I put this softly? I guess you get my drift. Kikuyu Institute's results do not even get published in the school. They are probably crumbled up and used in the shitty sanitation as tissue paper. So most parents do not get to know this. And when they see in the news paper that Kikuyu High was the top in English and Mathematics, they get overjoyed believing that their little Cindy's performance might have helped achieve this. Mama na Baba Cindy, go get the full results from her school please.
    I was shocked to learn this. My sister in the third stream. Very shocked indeed. Anyway, we are praying that she gets good results so that we can quickly marry her off and get to live off the dowry.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHAT DO YOU SAY ABOUT WHAT YOU HEAR?

HOW DO YOU LIKE THEM APPLES?

JUST REMEMBERED