MY MOOD TODAY IS MEDIUM

       What did the llama say to the chicken? Nothing. The llama said nothing. Because llamas don't fucking talk. If you sense a little hostility in my post today, it is not that I am hateful or anything, just had a fucked up week. I probably had worse weeks but this so far I cant wait to end.
      Monday started out with a random test. From a lecturer whose unit I knew nothing about. I was practically through with that 2 hour paper in 30 minutes. I had written all I could and there was no need to pretend to be busy when I really wasn't. But from monday, things just got worse. This other chemistry lecturer is pumping us up with assignments that will take a month to finish. And that is not even the bad part. All her assignments need to be done on a computer. To top it up all, they are online assignments. She recently made us discover about elearning and now everything is being done online. Some first world country shit I tell you. But Kenya is a third world country and this is what is now killing us. Power supply.
       Lately it has been raining like hell. And when ever this happens, our power supplier Kenya Power goes on the fritz. We have been lacking electricity the better parts of most nights. I have never really gotten why lights have to disappear every time the rain appears. Without electricity, the WiFi is down, computers off. Assignments neglected. The lights have been disappearing so frequently that even the school's generator cannot keep up. This even interferes with my 8 pm class.
        Oh yeah, there is that stress too. Lately we forced a computer class into our schedule so now we have classes from 8 am to 8 pm with a break only between 1 pm and 2 pm. Or when the lecturer feels like it. This is wearing most of us out. Coming out of class at 8 pm and finding that the hostel has no lights, the mess is closed, it is raining, deadline for assignments is tomorrow .... you are guaranteed to go crazy.
      But I have a feeling that next week will be worse so I guess I just have to be thankful for this one. Even though today has started off awkwardly. It's Friday and it is raining. Kinda a gloom predictor if you ask me. Considering today is a campus election day. The previous elections have not ended well. The one before the last one we had to go home for like 3 months because a strike broke out and the police had to come teargas people in the face. I don't want to be tear gassed. I don't want to be sent home when I have less than a month to leave this place. So I am just going to hope that this day ends mediumly well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHAT DO YOU SAY ABOUT WHAT YOU HEAR?

HOW DO YOU LIKE THEM APPLES?

JUST REMEMBERED