FOOD FOR NOUGHT

      I was seated at one end of my fave fast food joint and was staring at myself at the mirror smiling. Not like I enjoy looking at my reflection or anything but there was something about what I saw that just made me smile. It was 7.00 in the evening and that was my first meal of the day. From the moment I woke up, I had not put anything in my mouth, even water. I had gone to school and back, not even once did it occur to me that I had to eat. And now there I was, in that restaurant, with my plate of bhajia. I had just taken my first bite when I noticed my reflection on the mirror. My lip was bleeding. I had not even opened my mouth wide enough and my lip just stretched past its elastic lip and tore. For some reason, that made me smile.
      I have an eating disorder. There is something I have never said out loud. Not because I live in denial. I have just figured it out. Or maybe I have been living in denial. I don't know.

     I can be starving but ignore food if when I have it. It's like I get off on starving myself or something. I find the littlest of excuses to avoid eating. I would be in the house, going to grab a bite, on the way I hear The Aunt talking in the living room and I lose my appetite. Or go to the campus tuckshop and buy milk only for the shopkeeper to tell me that the drinking straws have ran out. Pap. I immediately convince myself that I did not need that breakfast anyway. You are probably thinking ,I could just use a cup instead of a straw but that would mean going to borrow one, then washing it, then use it, then wash it again, then look for the owner.... too much work. I find it easier just skipping the meal.

      I have sort of become accoustomed to one-meal-a-day stunt. Whether it is by choice or force, I have stopped caring. I tell myself it does not matter.

      About that getting off by starving myself shit. I think It's real. I realized that I enjoy things I really should not. After a day of not eating anything, it's given that I will start to feel light headed. I try and exploit this as much as possible. I can be lying on the bed then suddenly sit up and-slash-or stand up. Then just stagger there as blood rushes from my head and a feeling of passing out washes over me. I enjoy that feeling of lightheadedness. I enjoy feeling like I am going to pass out. How wierd is that?

     That is today's confession. I have never looked at it this way till today. A lot of factors have led me to have this 'problem' and I am going to try and see if I can psychoanalyse myself to find out why. Stay tuned.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHAT DO YOU SAY ABOUT WHAT YOU HEAR?

HOW DO YOU LIKE THEM APPLES?

JUST REMEMBERED